Beware of TomTom's policy on map update

I recently purchased a TomTom Go 920 through Amazon Marketplace. Please be aware that TomTom will not honor the 30 day free map upgrade when you purchase the device from a third party that is not an authorized seller, even if it is factory sealed when you buy it. For example, individules selling "New" products on Amazon Marketplace do not qualify, and it will cost you $99.95 for the update.
David

I recently purchased a TomTom Go 920 through Amazon Marketplace. Please be aware that TomTom will not honor the 30 day free map upgrade when you purchase the device from a third party that is not an authorized seller, even if it is factory sealed when you buy it. For example, individules selling "New" products on Amazon Marketplace do not qualify, and it will cost you $99.95 for the update.
David

It's worth a shot to call back to TTSupport, and hope for a more understanding second level support person.

Thanks dhn

I have called them back and still got the same answer from a differant person and from their supervisor. Quite disappointing.
Dspry

As much of a bummer as it is, most companies won't even honor the warranty unless you buy from an authorized agent. Good luck with the map update, maybe they'll let you have it.

I used a PayPal receipt for a purchase made through eBay. The web-based technician seemed fine with that. Maybe what she did was against policy, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Just remember it will still need to be from an authorized retailer on ebay. Warranties and Free Map Upgrades are unfortunately, not honored if bought from an individual or non-authorized dealer. Which i found out the hard way.

All in all though support has always been great to me.

David
If you have the 710 maps, I wouldn't waste the money on a 715 map anyway, or if it has the 715 map, I wouldn't waste the money on a 720 map. The differences are so minor that the cost far outweighs the benefits

Ask a Question