BEWARE of MAP UPDATE SERVICE

In March, 2010, I purchased the map update service for my TomTom One. In June the TomTom One hardware failed, so I bought a new One (which by the way I really like), I just attempted to download the new map that just became available, but nothing showed up as available in Home. Contected Support via phone, was told that TomTom refuses to transfer my update service to a new device. THIS SUCKS! Especially since this only occurred because the old unit had failed.

I'd call support again and ask for 2nd level support. There are plenty of examples where users got their subscriptions transferred to a newer device when an older one failed.

Often, TomTom just asked for proof of purchase of a newer device.

Exact same thing happened to me. But I purchased a different TomTom when I replaced my GO 720 that failed. TomTom said because the maps were different I couldn't transfer the just-purchased and never-used (!) Map Update Service from one device to the other.

Ask a Question