Beware of TomTom HOME Backup Function

TomTom Model(s)
One IQ
Hi There

Bought new TomTom ONE IQ a week ago. Performed backup using TomTom HOME, resulted in corrupt files on device, had to format device, luckily I had copied content previsously to a safe location on PC.

Wasn't aware of backup being the problem so attempted to create a backup 2nd time, same problem some corrupt files that prevented device to boot up, after another format and copy back of content all is working again.

KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF TOMTOM HOME BACKUP OPTION, use Windows backup instead !!!

Last edited:
That is what we advise all users. Explorer backups/restores ONLY. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing for the backup.

Could you tell me which files? This is exactly what happened to mine. only I did not do a windows back-up. I want to see if I can get mine up and running while waiting for a replacement.

Backup use Windows backup or explorer

I asked it to TOM TOM and they even said that they advised clients to use explorer for a backup instead of TT home. I have upgread my tommy to 2 GB instead of the 128MB so i now have enough space for a new map..:D

Backup help?

Hi, Any advice on how to backup using Explorer? I did a search and didn't find any links.
thanks in advance,
Lisa

Yep, go here for an excellent description courtesy of mikealder at pockegpsworld.com in Britain. Even has screenshots!!

I didn't backup my Tomtom on my computer, and now I'm having all kinds of issues! I used TomTom Home, and it's not backing it up correctly, where can I get "fresh" software to install on my Tomtom? I'm freaking out!

Ask a Question