PC users beware!

Lil program found it's way onto my PC that started pop-up like crazy. Even though I have a pretty secure PC it still got in somehow. I'm not sure if it was through a mail attachment or a web page I visited. but after some time researching and checking my system I found (and it showed up only AFTER several reboots).. a Lil deal called CiD Help in my Add/Remove programs.

The thing actually made me use a code to uninstall it to verify I was "a human uninstalling and not a computer program trying to remove".

After I successfully uninstalled that, low and behold... 007Spyware was found running!! this wasn't showing on any scans until after I was able to get rid of the CiD Help... Wonder who it's "helping".... I wasn't able to track that to where it was trying to go before my system deleted it for me. I'm happy it's gone, but I would have liked to see the smtp/ftp server it was trying to post to... :D But I have my logs that I will be going through... F#$%^kers!!

I consider myself a safe surfer and deal with email accordingly too. But this guy snuck in! Watch your backs!

Still looking but looks like my router may have been hacked. Firmware update took care of that though :cool: Time to upgrade the router itself I think though too.

Damn Hackers! hehe

sooo if tomtom runs on linux... and linux runs on a pc... then maybe there is a way to install tomtom as an os? lol as far as I know no one makes spyware for the pc os that only exists as a figment of my imagination on this post. BAM the solution for your problem battom, don't say I never gave you anything.

-Sean

lol as far as I know no one makes spyware for the pc os that only exists as a figment of my imagination on this post. BAM the solution for your problem battom, don't say I never gave you anything.

-Sean
I have no idea what you just said...

Hmmmm I'm having problems figuring out what I said. I don't remember drinking THAT much last night. Oh well, I'm sure its a great idea anyway... what ever it is.

On a side note... I wonder if it would be possible to run the tomtom os on a computer... hmmmm

-sean

Hmmmm I'm having problems figuring out what I said. I don't remember drinking THAT much last night. Oh well, I'm sure its a great idea anyway... what ever it is.

On a side note... I wonder if it would be possible to run the tomtom os on a computer... hmmmm

-sean

Have you had days when you think TomTom drank a little too much and gave you f-d up directions? or things that make no sense?

Like take 91 westbound, exit Paramount Bouldvard, continue on, 91 West bound???

Pedro, I am sure is famillar with this exit/entrance....there is NO advantage to exiting and re-entering SR-91 at paramount blvd!

LOL - yes! TT tells me to keep straight through a particular intersection, but the maps show to turn right just to make a u turn and get back on the main road. :)

Ask a Question