Buyer Beware - How do I get a non-warranty repair in Canada?

I recently damaged the screen of my 920 and amazingly, TomTom does not repair units outside warranty. Does anybody know of a repair location in Canada?
This will be my first and last TomTom. Not only does TomTom not repair the units, they don't even have a list of caampanies that do fix the. I cannot believe a company would let a customer hang out to dry on a product that costs what these units do.

Try SIG Electronics at http://www.sigelectronics.com. It didn't mention anything about repairs on the web but the last time I was physically there I heard they have technicians on site. At least try to get some TomTom authorized repair centre numbers.
They do have Canadian Brick & Mortar addresses and phone numbers.
(Maybe you can ship it to dhn and he can take it over to their West
Beaver Creek store.) ;->)

Best buy is trying hard to sell extended warranty. Maybe you could ask them
where they send their units after the extended warranty kicks in.

Best buy is trying hard to sell extended warranty. Maybe you could ask them
where they send their units after the extended warranty kicks in.

forget about it, dont waste your time asking them
i work for future shop/best buy canada and they dont send any tomtom product on repair, they are direct exchange in store on factory waranty AND on extended warranty also

in 5 year working there i never bought any ext. warranty exept for my tomtom because of the fact that its a direct in-store exchange for 4 year (device + charger and other acc.)

forget about it, dont waste your time asking them
i work for future shop/best buy canada and they dont send any tomtom product on repair, they are direct exchange in store on factory waranty AND on extended warranty also

in 5 year working there i never bought any ext. warranty exept for my tomtom because of the fact that its a direct in-store exchange for 4 year (device + charger and other acc.)
Good to know.
First time I bought an extended warranty, but only for an extra two years. Figured it would have reached the end of its electronic life cycle.
Thanks.

Ask a Question