Bad experience with Tomtom's support

Hello,

I bought Tomtom Iberia the same day it was released, back in August I think. I've been moderately happy with my purchase, only thing is that I wish they offered some kind of scheme to exchange a local app with a continental app paying the difference (having paid 60 euro for Iberia, I should have paid 99 for all european maps instead..).

To the point, after the last update was released, the one that included Text to speech, I found a bug in the Iberia app. Well first I thought that Tomtom had neglected the iberian map by not including the tts feature in the local iberian version, but then I noticed it was a bug.

Basically, if your iphone's language is set to english, then the Tomtom app won't show the computerised TTS voice (Called Marta Computer in Iberia). If you turn the language of the iphone to spanish, then Marta's voice appears.

I contacted Tomtom support and was astonished by their response. Basically they said that it was APPLE who gave technical support for Tomtom apps for the iphone. Then they went on saying that they only give support for the car kit.

I thought it was outrageous that they refused to support an app that they and only themselves develop and sell. Obviously Apple doesn't give a d*mn about support tomtom apps.. no matter how much Apple collaborated to get that app done, it's Tomtom's app and ultimately their responsability.

Have you guys had similar experiences with tomtom support?

Just one comment on the TTS-problem:
I have the same problem in Norway. My iPhone is in Norwegian, but there is no Norwegian TTS voice. Therefore I want to use the English TTS voice. But that's not possible if I don't change change the language of the whole iPhone to English:(
I have talked to TomTom, and they say that it's not a bug, it's designed to be like that...

Ask a Question