back-up using explorer...not ttHOME..

hi folks , why is people say the above?...wots the difference?- thanks..
A couple of reasons:

1) TTHome overwrites previous backups with new backups. Yes, you CAN change the directory name that it creates each time to avoid this, but a enough users aren't savvy enough that we find it helpful to let people put things where they like and name them as they like.

2) TTHome will occasionally miss an important file - or used to anyway - such that we don't entirely trust it.

Home is not reliable in its backups/restores. Known to miss files, corrupt files, not be able to restore to the same sdhc card it backed up from. Home also overwrites previous backups rather than letting you determine a folder name for it.

Stick to Explorer for both backups and restores.

thanks guys for prompt reply , does this mean then all i do is ( using windows xp), select ,my computer, the drive( in my case its g)open it , and copy lock, stock and barrel....i.e everything...to another folder...?- thanks.

cheers for that , jus got mi new tomtomGO530 , and want to do eveything right....took it stright out of the box ,charged it up , and went over 60 miles with it all ALG working all maps working and speed cams working....using navcore 8.014 and map version v810.1887....my previous experenice of updates aren't good and they usually only make " daft " minor changes in the later versions , some of which are crap and people revert back to a previous version , so l'm tempted jus to back -up and NOT upate at all , chicken i know but since we've been using a 2006 AA atlas map to get down south , nowts ever changed....:confused:

With your version of application and map, you are losing out on a **significant** feature of maps 815 and higher, namely, IQ2 routing which considers time of day travel not just day of week.

As long as you back up properly, don't be reluctant to get what you are entitled to, latest application AND latest map for your unit.

your quite right , and while its in its warranty , yep , i should update....thanks again.

Ask a Question