Adding POI to Card

How do I add a POI or move some added POI's from the 920T's internal memory to the card? I thought creating a "North_America" folder on the card and putting them there would work but evidently not. I am going under the premise that it is not a good thing to fill up the internal memory.

How do I add a POI or move some added POI's from the 920T's internal memory to the card? I thought creating a "North_America" folder on the card and putting them there would work but evidently not. I am going under the premise that it is not a good thing to fill up the internal memory.

They must reside in the map folder, wherever you put it. BUT, the entire contents of the folder must be on the sd card as well.

Perhaps I misinterpreted your post, but to me there is an implication that you now have two map folders, one on the unit with all the files OTHER than the poi's which reside in a map folder on the card.

No I just made a empty folder North_America and

added the .bmp and .ov2 files. When I added mpg files and Pictures to the external card I only had to make the folder and put the files in the appropriate place and it found them. I thought it might be the same for POI's.

added the .bmp and .ov2 files. When I added mpg files and Pictures to the external card I only had to make the folder and put the files in the appropriate place and it found them. I thought it might be the same for POI's.

No, that stuff it finds but the poi's need to be with the map. So, you're ok, now?

Ask a Question