TomTom Via 110 adding POI

TomTom Model(s)
One
Hi.

I was about to purchase a TomTom via 110 Full Europe off Ebay until I read a review which stated that your PC will not see the device as an external source so you can only load POI through the TomTom software.

I have lots of TomTom POI on my current TomTom one device that its replacing and they come from a variety of sources. Its crucial that I can copy them to the new Via 110 otherwise its pointless me buying it.

Can anyone confirm if I will be able to download my POI to this unit?

Thanks

I was about to purchase a TomTom via 110 Full Europe off Ebay until I read a review which stated that your PC will not see the device as an external source so you can only load POI through the TomTom software.

I have lots of TomTom POI on my current TomTom one device that its replacing and they come from a variety of sources. Its crucial that I can copy them to the new Via 110 otherwise its pointless me buying it.

Can anyone confirm if I will be able to download my POI to this unit?
Yes, you will be able to load your POI files onto the new generation of TomTom units.

However, the review was correct in saying that the new units do not appear to your PC as a drive, so you cannot do the transfer with a normal file manager like Explorer. It can still be done, but you have to use the free MyTomTom utility that TomTom provides. When the new generation of devices was introduced, that capability was lacking, but it now can be done - I have the same POI files on my GO LIVE 1535 that were (are) on my XXL540.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question