adding poi's

TomTom Model(s)
Start 20
I'm a mac user with a Start 20 devices, I've followed the instructions on this site, but do not get 'Add Community Content' in the pop up wjndow. It only lists 'Settings' 'close' and 'exit.
Can someone tell me what to do, please.

You need to connect the device to the computer. THEN right click on the desktop icon and you should see the 'Add Community Content' link.

OK, done that and still not there. There must be something else i'm missing!

I'm hoping this is just a little miscommunication.

Let's try this. Down in the lower right of the screen, there's the 'systray' icon for MyTomTom. Right click that. With the device connected (and it will show that it is connected or not), you should see "Add community content" right above the bar, and right below "My TomTom".

I'm hoping this is just a little miscommunication.

Let's try this. Down in the lower right of the screen, there's the 'systray' icon for MyTomTom. Right click that. With the device connected (and it will show that it is connected or not), you should see "Add community content" right above the bar, and right below "My TomTom".
Minor addition to this information - depending upon what's installed on your computer, you may not see the MyTomTom icon in the systray, but need to get to it with an extra step. If necessary, that step involves clicking on the upward pointing arrowhead in the systray. This opens a small window in the bottom right corner of the screen that may include several previously hidden icons, one of which is the MyTomTom icon. Right-clicking on that icon pops open the MyTT window described by canderson.

- Tom -

I know that hidden icons may be on a Windows machine but the OP is on a Mac. Don't know whether they have same thing.......

Missed that completely. Sorry about that. How's it look on a Mac?

I know that hidden icons may be on a Windows machine but the OP is on a Mac. Don't know whether they have same thing.......

Been away for a couple of days, still cant make this work. I have my Start 20 connected, if a left or right click on the my tomtom icon (top right of menu bar on a mac) (It shows in black, should it be red.) From the top it reads: TomTom via 1400, (American name for Start 20) Connected, with a tick, your navigation device is up to date, Settings, Close, Exit.
I have to open the TomTom web site to sign in, at the end of the site menu bar it has green My TomTom button that opens a box for me to enter my password, it then knows its me and I have a Start 20 and gives the options " Overview " " Manage content " " Account Details " " Activate code "
I can update my device without problem, i Just cant find Add Community Content.
What am I now doing differently than a few months ago when I quite happily added POI's

Anyone with a Mac who can post a screenshot of what it SHOULD look like?

Ask a Question