TomTom Model: Blue&Me TomTom2 - Adding POI Icons

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One V2
A friend of mine has a TomTom Go Model: 4CS03 for a Fiat Ovation Motor Home and would like to add POI's for WiFi - Dump Points (toilet waste) for Australian States.

I can and have downloaded the POI's and converted them to OV2 files but uploading the Icons has me stumped.
I know they have to be .bmp files, says they have to have the same file name as the POI, so I take that to mean that the WiFi Icon is named WiFi and so on .......... Y/N?

My questions are this:

1. Do I have to download each and every single icon for the relevant POI that is added?
  2. How do I then upload the Icons, do they have to put into a folder and the folder gets uploaded or can it be done in bulk e.g. shift key+select relevant file/s?

Thanks in advance.

There is no model by that name as I'm aware. See here to find the proper model:
http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/c/2355

The associated .bmp file does have to have the precise file name as the poi file, yes.

You would install on the unit the custom.ov2 file and the custom.bmp file. How you install on the unit depends on what the true model is. Report back.

(does his unit use Home 2 or MyTomTom?)

There is no model by that name as I'm aware. See here to find the proper model:
http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/c/2355

The associated .bmp file does have to have the precise file name as the poi file, yes.

You would install on the unit the custom.ov2 file and the custom.bmp file. How you install on the unit depends on what the true model is. Report back.

(does his unit use Home 2 or MyTomTom?)

G'day dhn,

The true model is: Blue&Me TomTom 2 - 4GB and it uses MyTomTom.

Well, pois and bmp files can be added using Add Community Content. With the browser Internet Explorer, the files have to be loaded individually but I understand other browsers allow for mass updates. Firefox may be one of them.

The uploaded .ov2 file and related .bmp file should be installed automatically in the map folder on the device. The user doesn't control this.

Here are some instructions on adding POIs (and their icons) on the new models that use MyTomTom

How to add POIs, voices etc to the new TomTom models

(I'd even forgotten I'd posted it up it myself!)

It goes into full details about how Internet Explorer can sometimes refuse to select several files at once.

Here are some instructions on adding POIs (and their icons) on the new models that use MyTomTom

It goes into full details about how Internet Explorer can sometimes refuse to select several files at once.

Thanks Andy_P this is the answer I was looking for, great work.

3703d1333907975-how-add-pois-voices-etc-new-tomtom-models-mytt_204_file_upload_proof_1.jpg

Thanks Andy_P this is the answer I was looking for, great work.

New problem Andy. :mad: :mad:

When I select "Add Community Content via Blue&ME TomTom 2, it opens IE and brings up a window that gives you the option to browse to the files that you want to upload onto your TomTom, the problem is, I get to where my files are located but cannot all of the files in one go, the browser only lets me select 1 x file.

I have tried doing the same thing via FireFox but still have the same problem.
If I open WE and navigate to the files I can select all of them via the shift key+mouse or Ctrl+A.

Can you shed any light on the possible problem?

It's a limitation of some browsers that you can only highlight and upload one file at a time. Internet Explorer is like that.I think Firefox allows mass uploads.

One thing that MAY be relevant.....
MyTomTom always uses whatever web-browser you have set up as DEFAULT.
So you need to switch to Firefox (or whatever) in Windows Control Panel / Internet Options.

----

But sorry, I'm slightly confused by what you said happened in your last post....

When you say you have tried using Firefox, you say "If I open WE and navigate to the files I can select all of them via the shift key+mouse or Ctrl+A."

So if you can select them all in one go, what happens next?

One thing that MAY be relevant.....
MyTomTom always uses whatever web-browser you have set up as DEFAULT.
So you need to switch to Firefox (or whatever) in Windows Control Panel / Internet Options.

----

But sorry, I'm slightly confused by what you said happened in your last post....

When you say you have tried using Firefox, you say "If I open WE and navigate to the files I can select all of them via the shift key+mouse or Ctrl+A."

So if you can select them all in one go, what happens next?

Sorry about the confusion guys, when I was referring to selecting all the files via WE, I was testing to see if it was a Win7 problem or a browser problem.
It appears it is a browser problem because no matter whether I use IE or FireFox I still cannot select all the files to upload, I relented and uploaded them 1 by 1. :mad:

Doh! I automatically assumed that "WE" meant you were selecting all the POI files in the "Western Europe" map folder!

But still it's strange.. Firefox works fine for me (that screenshot you posted showing them all selected at once was taken on the very PC I'm writing this on).

Are you absolutely sure that FF is selected as the default browser in Windows / Internet Options?

When you open a MyTomTom window (especially the Add community content window) does it have the Firefox or IE logo in the very top left corner?

Doh! I automatically assumed that "WE" meant you were selecting all the POI files in the "Western Europe" map folder!

But still it's strange.. Firefox works fine for me (that screenshot you posted showing them all selected at once was taken on the very PC I'm writing this on).

Are you absolutely sure that FF is selected as the default browser in Windows / Internet Options?

When you open a MyTomTom window (especially the Add community content window) does it have the Firefox or IE logo in the very top left corner?

Sorry for the delayed reply Andy_P.

FF is my default browser, has been for a long time. :sad:

My mate is off on 3 month holiday around Australia and is happy with the what I achieved, albeit not as per your post, but it works to his satisfaction.

Thank you. :thumb:

Ask a Question