Tomtom End of Life Models

Afraid there's going to be a lot of links to clean up -- if you can find them all!

Double clicking that one I get
https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/f...ternal-memory-1031975/index1.html#post1205630

Screen Shot 02-03-19 at 09.12 AM.JPG

"Site could not be found"

Those are working well, David.
That said, and as in the other thread, 1020 USA/Canada installed recently on WL">GO 740 LIVE, 2GB + micro-SDHC, TomTom HOME NAV2 Eol

My NAM "AK">GO 930 NAM, 4GB + SDHC4GB, TomTom HOME NAV2 is of course not on the UK list.

"J6">GO 930, 4GB + SD 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2
"JH">GO 930, 4GB + SD 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2

Didn't we recently have a fellow with a GO 940 who put in an 8GB card in this one?
"WB">GO 940 LIVE, 4GB + micro-SDHC, TomTom HOME NAV2

No reason why he couldn't have. They work just fine. However, availability of a card slot doesn't seem to be the sole determining factor in "EOL".

Looks like we are going to have to hack the older models since TomTom is not going to honor the lifetime maps. Typical corporate squeeze to force people to buy more from them.

They have been going downhill ever since they introduced the version 10 navcore and started preventing people from accessing the device outside of that buggy tomtom website.

This latest ploy is designed to almost entirely wipe out lifetime maps for most of the older devices.

Absolutely shameful on TomTom's part to do this. My documentation and even the TT Home website never mentions that they can or will discreetly eliminate lifetime maps.

This particular move will ensure TT loses a lot of its customer base.

They have been going downhill ever since they introduced the version 10 navcore and started preventing people from accessing the device outside of that buggy tomtom website.
I don't quite understand, could you explain that.
It is my understanding that on NAV2 devices, those that connect via HOME, one could access the tree.
Anything since has been using first MyTomTomSupportApplication, renamed to MyDrive Connect.
This latest ploy is designed to almost entirely wipe out lifetime maps for most of the older devices.
That does not appear to be the case according to Tom K. who just reported updating with the same device.
My documentation and even the TT Home website never mentions that they can or will discreetly eliminate lifetime maps.
I doubt that it was envisioned 4+ years ago that the lanes on parking lots would be included in their maps. The explosive increase in map size started to show up about 2 years ago.

Yes, see post #7 as well. That 740 a TM model.
However, I understand the comment about "version 10". He's saying that the Nav3 and Nav4 devices no longer provide file system access, which is correct.
One must use the web site to move personal content (*.ov2) to these devices.

Next time I visit sis will try another update of the TT XXL550 I gifted. I have struck out 3 times so far just being offered a discounted new device.

Will report back sometime this year on this when I try again, will also do screenies to document what happens.

Last edited:

Ask a Question