Has TomTom ended the XXL and XL line?

XXL model

I have a Start 55TM, which appears to be very similar to an XXL 550 (I've heard the maps may be different where the Start doesn't have Mexico)

You can still purchase the XL and XXL models from the TomTom web site in the US, but you need to look in the Outlet Store.

In my opinion, the XXL 540 is probably the best XXL model. I believe it has the full menu and itinerary planning.

Jim

Rebranded

The Start 5X models are indeed rebranded XL models, to my understanding.

I believe the Start 5X is a rebranded XXL (5 inch screen) and the Start 4X is the rebranded XL (4.3 inch screen).

Jim

In my opinion, the XXL 540 is probably the best XXL model. I believe it has the full menu and itinerary planning.
I agree with your opinion.

You are also correct in regard to the menu system and the capability for itinerary planning. (It can have up to 48 way-points, if my memory is correct.)

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Just to nail down the 45M - I got one in to replace a digitizer. I ended up just swapping out a screen assembly from an old XL, one of the ones with the old metal and foam frame LCD mount. The screen assembly fit fine after I placed some foam cushioning tape on the back. Same torx screws to snug the faceplate in. This unit is indistinguishable from a 310-330-340-350. It has a reset button. The file system is exactly the same.

Ask a Question