720 with map v 810.1907

TomTom Model(s)
TT GO 720
Hi everyone

Just tested this morning from Newmarket HWY#404 to Toronto .
IQ Routes din't work (No Advanced Lane Guidance )
IQ Routes just worked only USA ?
Anyone has the same problem ?

Thank you .

IQ routes do work, Winnie.....ALG and IQ routing are mutually exclusive. To prove it, navigate to an address and I expect after you fill in all the info, a screen will pop up referencing IQ routing. Does for me.

Also, when you see the screen, 'planning the route', you should see IQ routing at the bottom of the screen.

ALG is another kettle of fish, I'm afraid. I have yet to see any Canadian poster who has seen an indication of ALG on any road.

Further, for all the good it will do, make sure in preferences you have lane images active. And have a horizontal status bar.

IQ routes do work, Winnie.....ALG and IQ routing are mutually exclusive. To prove it, navigate to an address and I expect after you fill in all the info, a screen will pop up referencing IQ routing. Does for me.

Also, when you see the screen, 'planning the route', you should see IQ routing at the bottom of the screen.

ALG is another kettle of fish, I'm afraid. I have yet to see any Canadian poster who has seen an indication of ALG on any road.

Further, for all the good it will do, make sure in preferences you have lane images active. And have a horizontal status bar.

Thx for quick replied dhn ,

But it din't work for me , I click on preferences and set up the lane image active and have a horizontal status bar but I din't see IQ Route at the bottom of the screen .
Do I need to reset the unit or set up something else ?

What's your firmware?

On page 5 of preferences........planning preferences............do you see in the bottom right of the screen a button labelled 'IQ Routes'?

Last edited:
I'm afraid. I have yet to see any Canadian poster who has seen an indication of ALG on any road.
But I am a Canadian poster and it did work for me in the UK.. ;->)
The 8.10 North America map used in conjunction with firmware 8.010 does indeed have IQ and ALG.
Although it did not work for my 930 with 805.1810 NA map, Gilbert supplied
coordinates for a stretch in New Jersey where it worked on a US unit.
The attached ALG_test_na.zip contains the ov2 and bmp files View attachment 2208 Extract them to your NA folder.

In HOME Prepare route A...B > Point of interest > POI near you >

View attachment 2209

right arrow (next screen) > (for the purpose of this guide ignore the [ALG] icon in my screen) down to ALG test na > click >

View attachment 2210

click on the first line > Select > [YES] >

View attachment 2211

(o) Fastest route [Done] > WARNING (if Toll road alert set) [Continue] > Done > Details > Show route demo.

View attachment 2212

Note:
Neither the mobile phone nor computer voices or ALG is active on my 930 when connected to HOME. To run in the cradle without being shut off after three minutes or less, install the noautosuspend on your device first.

Open Notepad, uncheck word wrap, type 1 (just the numeral), save as noautosuspend.dat and place in the root folder of the device.

Last edited:
Quite a post, Arno!

I meant that nobody that I know of has seen evidence of ALG on CANADIAN roads. Further, seeing ALG on US roads is a hit-or-miss proposition; some areas show it, many don't.

Hopefully, further map upgrades will improve the functionality in both countries.

Quite a post, Arno!
Thanks, particularly when you consider that I had written it up for the itn with five screen prints.
Of course, when trying to run the demo it wanted to go there all the way from Toronto!
Even at 500 % that would have taken about an hour.
Just imagine how mad someone from Vancouver or L.A. would have been.
Back to the drawing board with POIs.
Up loading the 6th screen print I was informed that I had exceeded the 5 attachment upload limit.

On the first attempt I had added .pdf (explaining to rename the file after download) as upload would not accept ov2s.
Now, I zipped up the ov2 and bmp (without the latter, the ov2 cannot be found in the drop down, as I learned) to get 1 upload.
I then reduced the already reduced screen prints and made three picture horizontal panoramas but still had to drop two prints not to exceed the limit.
It had become a challenge not to allow the machine to get the better of me. ;->)

I went to this length not just for altruistic reasons. TT still owes me a free map and I like to make it easy for Canadian 930 users to test ALG with their 810 map. TT had informed me it would only start working with the one after the 810.

I meant that nobody that I know of has seen evidence of ALG on CANADIAN roads.
Obviously. That's why I added the smiley. Still cannot get myself to use the kiddie style animations.

I'm surprised you say the category won't show up without a .bmp file. My understanding is that it will, but the appearance on the map will be a default red rectangle. After all, users create custom poi categories all the time and don't have associated .bmp's for their creations.

Thanks, particularly when you consider that I had written it up for the itn with five screen prints.
Of course, when trying to run the demo it wanted to go there all the way from Toronto!
Even at 500 % that would have taken about an hour.
Just imagine how mad someone from Vancouver or L.A. would have been.
Back to the drawing board with POIs.
Up loading the 6th screen print I was informed that I had exceeded the 5 attachment upload limit.
Haven't tried this, but you may be able to fix it by setting your "Current Location" in Home at the demo's starting point. Maybe.

Odd, I don't remember Home's interface being that "orange" ... Themed?

Last edited:
When playing a demo, the ALG static image will not show up if the speed is higher than a certain percentage (200% comes to memory but could be wrong).

The orange colour appears in x30 models.
Ah. I saw the "Themes" option in Home's Prefs menu, but it's always just given me that standard one. Just hoping someone had found some...

Of course, what I'd really like are customizable Themes for my TomTom, itself! :rolleyes:

I'm surprised you say the category won't show up without a .bmp file. My understanding is that it will, but the appearance on the map will be a default red rectangle. After all, users create custom poi categories all the time and don't have associated .bmp's for their creations.
That's what I thought too. That is why I hadn't bothered. I made a bmp after the third try not finding the POI in the list. After making the bmp it was there right away.

When naming a POI category the next screen is one to pick an "Picture", called Marker.

How soon we forget.
Cheers,

Ask a Question