520 go

Anyone out there that can help I have had a 520 for 4 years and have always kept maps and cameras up to date as I deliver all over. Just resently my PC said it did not recognise the device I rang Tom Tom did all the usual reset and all that. It started downloading new updates but at the end it said error rang Tom Tom again they said the device was probably knackerd Does anyone have any ideas
Thanks
Nick

Try using the reset function on the bottom of the unit and then connect to the computer. See if the unit is recognized now.

Have tried what you suggested still says does not recognise device
Thanks for your interest any other advice most welcomed

Well, plan B.

1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see HERE
  2. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit using Explorer. NO folders or their contents
  3. Connect to Home and install the application offered
  4. Disconnect from Home properly using the Device Disconnect icon.
  5. See if that helps.

Try using the reset function on the bottom of the unit and then connect to the computer. See if the unit is recognized now.

Have tried what you suggested still says Device not recognised Error roport from TOM TOM is 69762911

Well, plan B.

1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see HERE
  2. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit using Explorer. NO folders or their contents
  3. Connect to Home and install the application offered
  4. Disconnect from Home properly using the Device Disconnect icon.
  5. See if that helps.
Sounds really complicated but I will try Im not very good with computers Age 65 hope you understand

I don't think you will be able to get as far as following those instructions!

If the TomTom won't connect to the computer at all, then you won't be able to "get to first base".

But what you COULD try, is anything or everything here:

Device not recognised by computer
(especially the third section).

Ask a Question