510 took a dump, please help...

That's what I kinda fiigured. I'll get on the phone with Tech Support and see what they say. I think I have a card reader at work. I'll try that.

It's just frustrating to let go of my plans I had for the weekend. I was going to drive my wife out to the middle of nowhere blindfolded, surprise her with the TT, then have her use it to drive us home. She has been wanting a TT for a while.

Thanks for all the help though, seriously. Even though I'm still at a stand-still, I appreciate you guys a lot!

Thanks.

Was just checking this thread again and I"m sorry that you weren't able to get the TT working. I threw a lot at you because I left earlier, sorry bout that. Just wanted to get the info on here before I left for the day.

If the computer is recognizing it, you can get the older software from tomtom.com support (I think it is 6.02). That might help!

Best of luck.....

Same problem

Folks; I'm hoping someone can help me. I have the same problem. Everything was working great until I attempted to download the latest version (after downloading the latest version of HOME). After downloading, when I attempt to install, I get a message the the instalation file does not exist, when in fact it does. Needless to say, I'm stuck on the same green screen and even a reset doesn't work. The TomTom web site doesn't help much.

HOME does recognize the TomTom, but as soon as it recognizes it, I get promoted to install the latest file which puts me in the forever-ever loop above.

Currently, I show the maps, voices and satalite images on the TomTom, but I can't seem to get out of the green TomTom Go screen.

Any advice?

:eek:

You should also show the app on your TT, do you? You may need to reinstall the app...

That's what I kinda fiigured. I'll get on the phone with Tech Support and see what they say. I think I have a card reader at work. I'll try that.

It's just frustrating to let go of my plans I had for the weekend. I was going to drive my wife out to the middle of nowhere blindfolded, surprise her with the TT, then have her use it to drive us home. She has been wanting a TT for a while.

Thanks for all the help though, seriously. Even though I'm still at a stand-still, I appreciate you guys a lot!

Thanks.
Well... there is always keeping it from her for another week and doing this next weekend! Let us know how you make out....

Missing APP

Unfortunately, the only CD that I got was the TomTom Home CD which doesn't have any app's on it, or at least I can't find them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

Found APP...still not working great

Okay folks......here's what I did. The CD that came with the TT did not have the app on it but I found this on the TT.com. ( I can't post links until I post two more messages but I will email it to anyone if needed)

This allowed me to reinstall the app but even though I have the updated HOME, when I attempt to install the updated app, I get an error message that the installation application does not exist.

So far, every thing seems to be right where I started. Although I still can't get version 6.524 to install, all of my saved favorites are still in place and the device is otherwise working.

Has anyone else had a problem with this update and if so, what did you do to install it?

Thanks everyone for your help. You saved me a huge phone bill calling the UK at 4am my time.

Jim

when you download the latest app from tomtom, where do you put it? You should be putting it in a directory under HOME, like C:\My doc\Username\TomTom\HOME\Downloads

Can you see the downloaded app in HOME?

Unable to install downloaded app

Yes. The file shows up on HOME, but for some reason, I get a message that the file does not exist. I checked the folder to double check and it is there.

Jim

is it a zip file? Try extracting it so it's a TOC and a CAB file... (remove the zip from that directory after)

I updated my original post with the following:

I ran out of gas, and just had TT support troubleshoot it with me until they decided to repair it. I am now boxing up my device and sending it to them. If you can get your TomTom to hook up to your computer correctly, then the following link might help.

http://www.tomtom.com/2053

Other than that, I will be here in a few weeks when my new/working TT510 is back. Thanks for all your help guys!!!!

Well, I just got it back in the mail today. We'll see how she fires up a little later. I got no note with it telling me if they fixed it. I only received the TT510, and some of my own packing materials...

Ask a Question