400+km Routing error

I would appreciate suggestions regarding how to correct the following:
If you preplan a routing Revelstoke BC to Calgary AB the correcting routing appears as 408km downtown to downtown (fastest routing).
If you reverse the route and preplan Calgary to Revelstoke the routing is 876km??

I've checked mapshare but I can't find a blockage in the WB route.

Cheers, BG
TT1 v2 -app 7.162 -maps 675.1409

I would appreciate suggestions regarding how to correct the following:
If you preplan a routing Revelstoke BC to Calgary AB the correcting routing appears as 408km downtown to downtown (fastest routing).
If you reverse the route and preplan Calgary to Revelstoke the routing is 876km??

I've checked mapshare but I can't find a blockage in the WB route.

Cheers, BG
TT1 v2 -app 7.162 -maps 675.1409

By any chance......

Is there a toll road FROM Calgary to Revelstoke that doesn't come into play in the (shorter) route from R to C?

I just did a A to B route both from Revelstoke to Calgary and from Calgary to Revelstoke - and both came up as 408km. I have no avoidances programmed in my GPS - so DHN may be on to something if you are avoiding tolls or certain roads.

I just did a A to B route both from Revelstoke to Calgary and from Calgary to Revelstoke - and both came up as 408km. I have no avoidances programmed in my GPS - so DHN may be on to something if you are avoiding tolls or certain roads.

Well, I just remember a thread somewhere here recently when one poster was frustrated when he used the unit to plan a route from Toronto (I think) to Niagara Falls NY with no problem but the tomtom kept giving a 'no route' found message when he tried to navigate back.

Turned out the bridge he used was free going from Canada-->US but there are no free bridges from US-->Ontario, so the unit got stumped.

This seemed like it may just be a similar situation .... or, as we know, the unit sometimes suffers the same malady as I ...'oldtimers disease:eek: '

Thanks for the input (and sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong forum)

I checked the start point, no toll roads involved and I haven't programmed any avoidances.

I guess my TT must have a touch of the "desease"

Cheers,

BG

Same Problem

I am in Calgary and have Nav 6 for Treo 650. When I put in Calgary and Vancouver as destination it had me going north to Jasper, bypassing the Highway 1?

Makes no sense since it is not toll road.

Thanks for the input (and sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong forum)

I checked the start point, no toll roads involved and I haven't programmed any avoidances.

I guess my TT must have a touch of the "desease"

Cheers,

BG

I am in Calgary and have Nav 6 for Treo 650. When I put in Calgary and Vancouver as destination it had me going north to Jasper, bypassing the Highway 1?

Makes no sense since it is not toll road.

Did you select fastest route? Shortest route?

Ask a Question