1605 Routing Assistance

TomTom Model(s)
Being rather naive about my 1605 and an apparent lack of understanding of written instructions I am attempting to take a certain route from my home to a point in Tenn. The 1405 will basically require me to go the way it wants me to not the way I desire which is from I-40W to US 1S to US 64W to I-73N then I-40W and US 411/Tenn 35 and Tenn 449 (Newport Hwy.) then to 4010 Parkway in Pigeon Forge.
Would someone please give me detailed instructions on how to accomplish this feat?
thanks==Buck

I'm struggling a bit with your starting point. The routing depends a LOT on where in Tennessee you're picking up I-40.
The way this can sometimes be done is to add as many as 3 additional "Travel via" waypoints to your route that forces the route in a particular direction. It was easier on the older units where you could add many more via points, but give it a try on your 1605.

my starting point is zip 28366 then onto I-40 West, to US 1 South to US 64 West to I-73 North to I-40 West and into Tenn and onto US 411/Tenn 35 to Tenn. 449 to 4010 Parkway, Pigeon Forge.Tenn. The 1605 wants me to take I-40 all the way into Tenn. this is not desireable as the route I want to take is quicker because on no traffic. AFA waypoints, can I just name a highway number or must I use the name of a town or what. More adviuse is appreciated. thanks
Buck

THIS is how Google does your route.
I guess THIS is the way you want to go.
Google doesn't like that either and as least wants to stay on US 64 until it gets to I-40.

If you insist on following your way instead of what the device thinks is the fastest you will have to create waypoints (max. 3 allowable per route), as canderson said.

thanks, I'll see if I can set up 3 way points, I have gps coordinates but my unit does not allow setting up with Lat & Long and when I use a city it wants to take me to the center of it. I'll figure it out. Your comment is appreciated.
Buck

Except for size I thought your device is functionally the same as my GO Live 1535.
There, when tapping "Drive to ..." and then the RH next screen arrow I get the Latitude Longitude option with the blue globe.

Go-to_pp2.jpg

mine doesn't have it, apparently mine is an older model, I think thaty I will dump it and get a Garmin 2757 LMT.
thanks for the help
Buck

You can pick the points off the map using View Map if you like.
If your 1605 doesn't have latitude/longitude available, then it's a function of some old firmware. Nav3 units have all had that capability for quite a long time now. Only the very early firmware was missing that feature. Time to update?

Ask a Question