3rd ONE Battery Question

Hey gang....just found this forum tonight! I'm a proud owner of a 3rd ONE as of Black Friday, I really love this unit! One quick question about the battery charge.

Last night, I charged my ONE overnight. Jumped in the car with a full bar. In my return trip, the battery bar was about 80% full, when I returned home (and now about 7-8 hours later), the bar is about 50%, its not green anymore but yellow. Yesterday, the same thing happened but on a longer trip and a overcast/snowy day it was around 20-30% full....is this normal?

For some reason, I thought the charge would last a good week or so. Does the weather drain the battery down so much? If not the sky, why would the battery life be so quick?

Thanks in advance.....Benny

Hey gang....just found this forum tonight! I'm a proud owner of a 3rd ONE as of Black Friday, I really love this unit! One quick question about the battery charge.

Last night, I charged my ONE overnight. Jumped in the car with a full bar. In my return trip, the battery bar was about 80% full, when I returned home (and now about 7-8 hours later), the bar is about 50%, its not green anymore but yellow. Yesterday, the same thing happened but on a longer trip and a overcast/snowy day it was around 20-30% full....is this normal?

For some reason, I thought the charge would last a good week or so. Does the weather drain the battery down so much? If not the sky, why would the battery life be so quick?

I do find that my battery bar goes down faster the more often I use it vs all at one time. Like if I go to work and back (50 mins each way, 100 mins total) I'm down to a flashing red bar. Sitting at home on the bench I got 2.5 hours out of it until the red flashing bar.

What also may be happening to you is the TT1 uses a Lipo (lithium polymer) battery and they don't like the cold and give out less power when cold.

Dave

I do find that my battery bar goes down faster the more often I use it vs all at one time. Like if I go to work and back (50 mins each way, 100 mins total) I'm down to a flashing red bar. Sitting at home on the bench I got 2.5 hours out of it until the red flashing bar.

What also may be happening to you is the TT1 uses a Lipo (lithium polymer) battery and they don't like the cold and give out less power when cold.

Dave

Dave...thanks for the note back! I know TT ONE 3rd is an entry level GPS but it's more than enough for me right now. One small caveat I just figured out when doing a cross section search for instance....you have to enter in whether it's north, east, etc...example..."S Western Avenue"....makes a big difference on all those streets intersecting south vs. north western! I found this out the hard way trying to find a restaurant in an area I wasn't familiar with!

So I guess you don't use the car power adapter? Why not? The TT One 3rd Ed only has a 2-hour battery life for normal use. I do not know how long it can be extended by the power saving techniques.

These small GPS units are battery hogs... always on, radio receiver, speaker, LCD, backlight, intense CPU usage, etc. There's a lot more going on inside there than in an iPod or cell phone... that's for sure. Clouds have nothing to do with anything in this regard.

And you're in Illinois like me... don't leave it in your car. Cold, heat, & humidity will damage the TT/battery among other things.

Ask a Question