Tomtom ONE 3rd - Brightness and Battery Saving Feature

I use the TURN OFF SCREEN BETWEEN INSTRUCTIONS battery saving preference. I also reduce my night driving brightness to 10%. When the screen turns off and turns on again to prepare the driver for a turn, the screen comes on at full brightness rather than at the night brightness of 10%.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Pedman

It doesn't state on tomtom.com but does the 3rd come with a light sensor to switch between day and night mode vice versa?

This feature does not seem to come with the ONE 3rd Edition.

I agree, Tomtom's product web site on the 3rd edition is pretty weak informationally.

I would like to duplicate this, but I dont have a ONE 3rd edition.

I haven't updated my ONE to the Navcore lite so I can test to see if the results are the same there.

Can anyone else chime in here and see if the problem occurs with their ONE with Nav 7?

battery saving feature

I have the TT1 V3 and I dont seem to have/cant find the battery saving option?

TommyD
In order to see the battery saving feature, you must be on battery and not 12Vdc. At this point go to the brightness feature and you will see the options for battery saving.
Pedman

Sort of... in answer to the question "does anyone else have this problem."

When I set "TURN OFF SCREEN BETWEEN INSTRUCTIONS" nothing happens -- the screen stays on even though it's been 10 minutes since the previous instruction and 20 minutes to the next one.

However, when I say "ALWAYS TURN OF SCREEN" it goes off after a minute or so, but when I touch the screen it comes back at full volume, er, intensity.

Ask a Question