330 XLS (my model ?) and POI Help

Hello, I'm new here and didn't see a forum for the model that TomTom says I have, they call it a 330 XLS. I've had it for about 6 months. If this is the wrong forum please let me know where to repost.

This is the question I can not get TomTom support to tell me. I had experience with a Garmin a couple years back. I remember when on a casual trip, no itinerary planned or stops along the way, when we'd decide to stop for gas or to eat, we'd just search for one, select it then it would guide us to the POI. Once at the POI when the unit was turned back on or the car started moving the Garmin knew and would say something like do you want to continue to your original destination?

The only way TomTom support has told me to do this is to clear the route, then go back and select it based on a recent destination or favorites or re enter it. Is there not any way to set an address of a destionation, while on the trip at any time pick a POI, have it give you directions there, once there and moving again the device knows to reset it back to where you told it to go to begin with? The other thing TomTom wants me to do is setup an intinerary, but these stops are not planned!

Thanks so much.

While you are following the route planned, navigate to poi/ on route/ select the poi. Navigate there.

Once finished doing your thing at the poi, Navigate to-->Recent destination and your original destination will be listed. Select it. That's it.

Thanks for your reply, I did know that, but the problem with going back and selecting a recent destination is that it doesn't retain your adjustments to the route like traveling via a certain city or along a street does it?

I'm really shocked TomTom put these products out without it being able to let you get off track for a POI and not put you right back to where you were going until you cleared the destination.

You can do this via waypoints. I'm not sure how many waypoints your model supports, but all models support at least one.

If you want to go somewhere near you, don't click "navigate to" or else it will lose your original destination.

What you should do is click the satellite bars, then click find alternate route, the click route via...

You can search for a POI in this screen, and the tomtom will take you there, then afterwards will remember your ultimate destination.

Alternatively, If you intended to travel in an customized indirect way (via specific city or alternate street), then you should have put it into the itinerary planner (don't know if your model has it, the higher end GO definitely does). Upon returning to the itinerary planner after a Navigate to detour, it can put you back on your original customized route.

Last edited:

Ask a Question