330 Xls

Ok i just got this GPS and tried to update maps and it says that i dont have enough memory to get the new map. so do i just delete the old map that came preloaded and then just dl'd the new one?

i just dont see how TomTom made it like this.

It's not memory as such, it's space on the internal flash drive.

You can make a full Explorer backup, not Home, of your unit's contents. Ensure the hidden file/folders are showing. Then use home to copy to the computer the map now on it. Then upgrade.

As I said, make a full Explorer backup to a folder on your computer. Just to play safe.

Then, start Home and move to the icon of Move items to the computer. Move the map.

Then try the install of the new map.

As I said, make a full Explorer backup to a folder on your computer. Just to play safe.

Then, start Home and move to the icon of Move items to the computer. Move the map.

Then try the install of the new map.

so a full explorer backup is to copy all the folders and files and etc to my computer first? and then delete the old map and put the updated one on?

sorry im just confused with this

That's what Explorer does, yes. But don't DELETE the old map, save it on your computer when removing from the unit.

Then try the map update.

I didn't delete the preloaded map but I removed most of the voice files to free up some spaces for the update.

That's what Explorer does, yes. But don't DELETE the old map, save it on your computer when removing from the unit.

Then try the map update.

when you say explorer what are you talking about?

and i looked at the voices and it doesnt delete enough memory for me. i need like 14.5 or something and all i have is like 5. somehting.

There should be 2 preloaded Text-to-speech files. You just remove either one of them then it should free up at least >20M space.

thats what i figured. so now how would i get the explorer to back up my files?

all i know how to do is to copy and paste all the files in the GPS to a folder on my computer. but that is through the My Computer

We're talking about the same thing.

Ask a Question