330 XL Question

TomTom Model(s)
XL 330
I have the 330 XL unit with the latest 8.*** maps and version 8.1.0 nav
does this mean that I will have the Advanced Lane Guidance availabe to me?

If so, is there anything that needs to be done to activate it?
If not, is it possible to get the Advance Lane Guidance?

Thanks and sorry if this has been answered in another thread, I couldn't find an definitive answer.

Happy Travels!

Well, you don't have the latest application. I believe 8.302 is the latest for your model, too.

However, bad news..................

There is NO ALG for ANY Canadian roads in the latest map (825) for any model!

Nice, eh? :mad:

Yes, it will.

When I went to Niagara Falls, NY and Buffalo a week ago, I saw both ALG & Reality View on the map as I was driving down there.

I don't believe that is correct:

I'm pretty sure reality view is part of the Advance Lane Guidance / IQroutes bundle. This bundle requires both:

- map 805 or later, and
- application 8.2 or later

Application 8.2 (and later) is only available on the ONE/XL models X40 and higher, and the GO model X20 and higher.

Your XL 330 (an X30 model) is too old to support this feature set. You model has only 32 megs of ram, and every device tomtom sells with app 8.2 or later has 64 megs of ram.

so any model with 64mb or more will all for ALG?and IQRoutes

No, you need a ONE 140 or later, XL 340 or later, or GO x20 (520/720/920) or later.

There are older 64mb devices but tomtom didn't install IQroutes on them (deliberate product differentiation).

Like mentioned you need a newer tomtom with that feature.

The XL 330 is lacking in the memory required for such application and I dont know this but its hardware probably int compatible for it either not sure but from the pictures I've seen its like nothing I could imagine happing on my XL 330....

ALG hasnt really impressed me all that much. Sure it works but when I actually need it its because the road turns into a total cluster **** with 5 lanes merging and in 5 directions with loop dee loops and groundhogs popping out of manhole covers while your doing 60+ mph. Way too much going on for it too be the end all in navigation features.

Just LISTEN to what side of the road to be on and save yourself some money. These things are getting cooler and cooler by the month and as soon as you get a new one another new one will be out with a feature you dont have and want...

Ask a Question