XL-330S question

TomTom Model(s)
330 XL-S
i am new to tomtom GPS and i noticed my XL-330S does not "recalculate" if i get off course like garmins do. should it do this ?????

Mine does. This afternoon, I took a short trip north but set a destination to the south. As I drove north it kept telling me to do a u turn, then turn right so I could get to a southbound street...etc. I am not aware of any option that could control this.

Mine does. This afternoon, I took a short trip north but set a destination to the south. As I drove north it kept telling me to do a u turn, then turn right so I could get to a southbound street...etc. I am not aware of any option that could control this.
mine tells me also to do the turn but i was wondering if i kept going will it "recalculate" so i do not have to turn around.

Mine recalculates automatically all the time. I looked for a menu option to turn this on/off and couldn't find one.

No, if you deviate from the set route, TT will show the word 'recalculating' as it plans a new set of roads to get you to your destination. It doesn't announce 'recalculating' like Garmins do.

Surely, you don't want the TT gps to stop recalculating if you go 'off the beaten path'.

No, if you deviate from the set route, TT will show the word 'recalculating' as it plans a new set of roads to get you to your destination. It doesn't announce 'recalculating' like Garmins do.

Surely, you don't want the TT gps to stop recalculating if you go 'off the beaten path'.
thanks i will look for the word on the screen.

Ask a Question