Question about TomTom 330s

Greetings everyone. I'm a brand new member and I've just purchased a TomTom 330s from Future Shop because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Just kidding.

I have a question about the ability to be able to change the start up and shut down sounds on this unit.

When I have the unit plugged into my PC and use the HOME program, the options to change the sounds are grayed out. However, there is a helpful text file that tells me how I can create my own sounds and upload them into the device and into the proper folder.

I have done so, taking a couple of .wav files and converted them to .ogg and renamed them appropriately and put them in the /sounds folder of my device. They are called splash.ogg and suspend.ogg.

However they do not work, the unit is silent when I turn it on and turn it off. Can anyone explain what I might have done wrong, or do these units not support changes to the sounds even when done 'manually'?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

While your model is not listed here nevertheless the start-up and shut-down sounds will NOT work on your model.

Ask a Question