XL 330S Questions

I recently acquired a new TomTom XL 330S GPS and an trying to learn to use it. I also have a Garmin StreetPilot 2610 that I have owned for several years and I of course can't avoid making comparisons between these two units.

The question I have about this TomTom is that I can't figure out how to measure mileage traveled with it. This is a very simple matter with the Garmin as it has a provision to record mileage in any one of 4 separate recording registers. I like this mileage recording feature in the Garmin as it allows me to determine the odometer error in any vehicle that I use it in. How do I measure mileage traveled in this TomTom?

Also what is the difference between a model XL 330 and the XL 330S that I have?

Last edited:
The TomTom doesn't have mileage registers as such but when a route is planned, the distance for the route is shown. Look in the 3rd party forum for apps (like Tripmaster) that may emulate what the Garmin offered in that area.

The 300s has text to speech. That's what the 's' stands for. The 300 just has recorded voices, not the inclusion of computer voices as well.

Ask a Question