140 Update not working

I have a 140 and there was a map update available for my unit ( less than 1 month old ) anyway I downloaded the map update ( 16 hrs ) and was not at home when it finished installing. When I arrived home i had an error but i dont recall exactly what it was. I tried to download again and same thing. Then my map would not show up so i had to do a restore, that worked fine to get my map back. Now it wants me to install the application update 8.414 I think is the new # , now when it tries to install this i get an error .
as listed below, i have tried 3 or 4 times with same result. ANY help to get this fixed would be appreciated. please note my unit is working but updating is where the problems are.
ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/Single/DestinationFileDoesNotExist: Cannot create this file: K:\gprssettings.dat
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1212)
in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:1212
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:84
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1032
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:81
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 00:46:46 GMT

erro

I appreciate the feedback, but will that fix the problem I am having installing the application update? I am currently running a check disk on the tom tom unit to see if that might help.
thanks

For an application update, first do the Explorer backup of the unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Then use Explorer to delete the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Then start Home. It should offer an application update. Select it to install. See if it is any better. If not, there is a way to also install the application update without using Home.

back to sq 1

O.K. Now im back to where i was before I tried to update my maps. New application is installed, so now should i delete the backup on my computer that i made b4 i got the new application 8.414 to work, and make a new backup of what i have working now , or will it matter?
thanks for the help

I'd make a completely new Explorer backup of what's working for you and dump the other one.

Ask a Question