Tom Tom 140S Newbie - Map Updates

TomTom Model(s)
140S
Hello,

I am a Tom Tom newbie. I just acquired a mint 140s from Ebay, went out on the road and it works flawlessly.

I installed Tom Tom Home on my PC and determined that my map version is v860.3121. Does anyone know what version year this is for the US?

Secondly, TTH told me that there are map updates available.
I do not intend to update quarterly so is there a way to update just for the one time of $17.90, and not the larger fee of $50.00+ that they want?

V870 was released about a month ago and the numbering goes up in 5's each time (v855...860....865...870... etc.) so v860 is only two versions old.

There are 4 updates a year, so your v860 is only 6-9 months older than the latest map.

Yes, you should be able to buy a single map update, but TT make it hard to find, they want to sell you the subscription service!

But it's there somewhere....Try going to "Add maps" in Home and it should give you the single map price.

BUT, I wouldn't rush to update. I would drive around with what you have for a while and ONLY consider updating if you find a lot of errors on the routes you have used.

Most people find it very hard to find any differences between old and new maps unless there has been a significant change to the roads they use (and even then the new maps often don't get the changes for AGES.

Last edited:

Ask a Question