TomTom One 140S, battery never charges to 100%

I've noticed that when I charge my TomTom, the battery never reaches 100%. There's a little green charge indicator light that's next to the plugin area on the bottom of the unit. That light comes on whenever you charge the unit via USB. I first noticed that as long as the unit is plugged in and charging, the light NEVER goes off. My assumption was that when the unit was fully charged, the light would automatically shut off. Also, I noticed on the unit that when I check the battery status indicator icon after clicking the lower right "status" bar, the icon always only shows UP TO 99% charged. It never shows the battery as being 100% charged, regardless of long how long I let the unit charge. This is a brand new unit, not a refurbished one. Also, just to let you all know, YES, I power the unit OFF when it's plugged into USB for charging purposes. Is the battery never charging all the way some sort of flaw this unit has? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

The behaviour you are describing is exactly how the device is intended to work, the battery will never show 100% and the green LED is more an indication that external power is applied to the device rather than meaning the battery is being charged - Mike

Ask a Question