Tweaking TomTom 140s

Is there any free software out there that will convert normal HTML to the HTML that TomTom reads?

Here is a sample of what the HTML from tomtom looks like when I open it in firefox.

��� ��H?� @ <�BASEFONT� SIZE=3 �FACE="AR?IAL"84@centerX5p4BIMG B�ORDER=0 �SRC="ima�ges/anwb�logo.gif ">Avai�lable La?ngus:DH$? @A HREF�?n�dex_da.html�?P?HSP?1 ?./../�flags/Demark?Dan`sk

I would like to import geocaching notes into the Tom so I can read them in the field.

Thanks,
Dean

I would like to import geocaching notes into the Tom so I can read them in the field.

Thanks,
Dean
Darned shame you don't have one of the older units that included the music and media option. It had a decent little mini-browser that would directly read the HTML export output from GSAK. All you had to do was dump the GSAK output (from it's "caches" folder) into a folder called "text" on the TomTom. GSAK is also kind enough to build the index by GC code (or name, if you prefer).

For caching purposes, I recommend one of the remaining GO730 series TomToms that are still available out there. That model still has all of the nifty features that were dropped on lesser and later models. I've even got mine setup with a custom POI voice warning for caches that yells out "Geocache Alert" when I'm within 300 yards of one I haven't found :D.

I haven't a clue as to what they did to the HTML on the 140 series. The 730 takes the standard HTML from GSAK, including little GIF files for the type icons, stars, etc., and displays the description info, hint, and last 4 logs pretty seamlessly. No strange HTML version is used.

Ask a Question