Tweaking Startup and Shutdown Image

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go510
For my TomTom Go 510, its possible to change out the original TomTom Logo to anything you like. Just create your own image sized 480x272 and save it as a bmp file, then replace the file splashw.bmp on your SD card and waalaa cool personalized startup and shutdown image. :)

Here is my TomTom with my own modified startup and shutdown image.

510image.jpg

Enjoy! and have fun Tweaking.

That's a great splash screen image, and thanks for showing me how to do it. I was wondering if you have other images to share with specify themes beside your BMW. :p

That's a great splash screen image, and thanks for showing me how to do it. I was wondering if you have other images to share with specify themes beside your BMW. :p

Thanks, I will be attaching a sticky with startup images for both the 3.5" and 4" screens shortly. Please stay tune.:D

Tried this however all I get is a blank screen. Here's what i did:

Saved image, converted to bmp. replaced splash.bmp on TT1 with new pic. where did I go wrong?

I have a 910 so Im not sure if it's the same as the One. The way I've done it is, add the pictures I want to the picture folder in the unit. Next I go to Pereferences, then select Start-up Preferences (page 6 of 7). I make sure it's check on "Continue where I left off" and hit done.
Next it will ask you if you wish to change the start up image. I select Yes and it will take you to your picture gallery and I pick the pic from there.

I don't have the option to choose a startup image via that menu. From what I've read I think it's supposed to be automatic on the 1 as it just puts up the file named splash.

Thanks for trying to assist.

The TT1 doesn't have the option to select a splash screen. Make sure the image is exactly 320x240. Not sure if the bits per pixel matter, but the one's i've been making have been 24bpp and they seem to work. The support page here on tomtom.com says the image should be portrait, but it seem to work in landscape mode me. If you want post or PM me your pic and I'll try and convert it for you.

I'm not getting a pic at all, sideways or otherwise.

All the pics I have gotten have been from this and other sites so I am assuming they are the correct size and dimension etc...

Confirmed pic size. 320 x 240 26.5 KB

Last edited:
OK, I figured out the issue I was having. I did not convert the jpg's properly. They should be converted via Paint to bmp files. This worked for me. Who hooo

Does anyone know how to change the shutdown image on the 910? Mine use to work but one of the upgrades changed the shutdown screen to the TomTom photo reminding you to take your TomTom with you.

I haven't done mine yet, but if you explore your TT you choose the picture you want and rename it to suspendw.bmp. or suspend.bmp. You would have to rename the original suspend to suspend1.bmp or something similar.

What size screen do you have, 3.5 or the wide 4.3 and where did you put the images?

For a wide screen unit, the startup image should be called splashw.bmp and put in the root of the unit (just splash.bmp for small screen), the shutdown should be called antitheftw.bmp or antitheft.bmp depending upon screen size. Further, if you want the shutdown screen 'activated', you need to check in Safety Preferences the option to 'Warn not to leave unit in car ....'

Or, just go here and let the online tool do the job for you....

Ask a Question