TOMTOM 140S noobie

Hey all. I just got a 140s for Christmas. First GPS. But i do know my way around computer and other gagetry. I was updating for new maps.....or so i thought. couldn't install because the file was to big for my 2GB drive in my model. so i removed some voices and such, removed the map file, to put the new on. found out it had to be bought first. and i don't want to buy it right now. So now i need to get my old map file back on my GPS. I've installed the TOMTOM home program but i can't figure out how to get my map back. I copied it to my computer, but i did thru the TOMTOM home program. Any help? Does anyone know where to put the file in the file structure on the GPS?? Any help is greatly appreicated.

You may find it here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yorname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\FromDevice\

If the device is less than 30 days old, the new map should be free. Try running Latest Map Guarantee again after you removed all the voices, and after you update to the latest application 9.025.

Ask a Question