New Larger POI Files

I "acquired" a copy of a new map that says it is NA v.800.1762 from it I have
extracted the crpoi.dat and poi.dat files which are about 20meg larger then
the previous ones I had posted from map version 710.1609 in another post.

While it's obviously not a huge increase it is an increase all the same so I
figured for free why not have the newest... I thought others might like to
have it as well so here it is :D

This file is also in a compressed WinRar file and stored at MegaUpload like the other.
Get it HERE if you like and enjoy.

Attached to this post as an after thought is the brand folder which i should
have but didn't include in the original rar archive, sorry bout that but better
late then never :eek:

As a side note -

This is the .pna file info from the map:
ID=North_America.pna
build=1762
id=153825

Also the meta file for the map is called North_America-11.meta and the map
contained NO cspeech_xx.dat files which I found odd. I am using the newer POI files with no issues.

edit by Pedro2NR
11/03/08
update with the North America 810.1907 POI
go >>>>>here<<<<<

Attachments

• POI_8.1762_brand.zip
    81.7 KB · Views: 651
Last edited by a moderator:
POI file

Thanks for sharing that file
You mentioned both crpoi.dat and poi.dat files. Whats the difference between the two.Which one do I replace with the larger file you were kind enough to contribute to this furum.
Omnitek

Thanks for sharing that file
You mentioned both crpoi.dat and poi.dat files. Whats the difference between the two.Which one do I replace with the larger file you were kind enough to contribute to this furum.
Omnitek

You need both files. The CRPOI.DAT file gives additional info on a specific location when you ask for details on the poi.

Thanks for sharing for the second time. Mighty kind of you.

Are these the latest 920 POIs

Are these the latest 920 North American POI files or the 720 files?

Jack Weintraub

Yes I too thank you. I have the TT ver. 2 with 7.10 maps and WOW is all I have to say. Everything seems to be working great. I installed both files.
I cannot believe all the POI's I've been missing.
Again I than you very much!

Are these the latest 920 North American POI files or the 720 files?

Jack Weintraub

Given the larger size compared to the ones that normally come with a 720 I
would think these are from a map intended for a 920 but I couldn't say for sure
as I don't know what the map version numbers are for each respective unit in
the new map series. They should work in any unit using at least a v7xx map
as long as you have the space for them.

Just copy the two new files to your sd card. either delete or overwrite the original two. a file manager is best. takes about 60 seconds. :)

Files unavailable

Are the files still there? i tried to find them but keep getting the message "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

Are the files still there? i tried to find them but keep getting the message "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

I'm getting the same message, I don't know if the server is having issues or
what. If it's not available by tomorrow morning I'll re-upload it and update the
original link at the beginning of the post.

Does anyone know if these will work with map version 6.75?

It will work fine with 6.xx maps. However you won't need the crpoi.dat file since v6 maps didn't have the address information on the poi's

Here's something strange. The new United States Map that just came out has the poi file like it should, but there is no crpoi file in the folder. Any ideas?

Here's something strange. The new United States Map that just came out has the poi file like it should, but there is no crpoi file in the folder. Any ideas?

TT offers at least 4 versions of USA & Canada: 1- North America for the 930 which is v8 and even a newer one which is v8.05 (has a smaller POI.DAT file than the one offered here). 2- North America for the 920 which the latest is v7.20. 3- North America for the GO 720 with the difference to previous being a smaller sized POI.DAT 4-USA & Canada for all versions of TT ONE.

Lately TT is now offering variations in the x20 offerings which now include Porto Rico and Hawai to NA for the x20 but am getting a bit confused as these are very recent and would need to go back check the combos and omissions. TT basically offers what can fit in your internal memory and if you use Home will only offer maps that can fit your internal memory size even if you select all instead of recommended. To really see all the possibilities, you need to go to TT web site look at buying maps and modify your TT model to see all of them with some restrictions as I could not see Brazil and know there is one...

Ask a Question