New Larger POI Files

So where is the link????:D

I got them from GarCor. I no longer have the links as I closed the windows too quck in between all the anticipation after downloading the files. Perhaps maybe he still has the links. I know he was having one heck of a time uploading these files for me hehe. If he was able to reach through the screen and slap MegaUpload across the face, he would; at least 37 times. THANK YOU GarCor!!!

Having a bit too much fun with your links? lol. You put double quotation marks on each side of the url link which destroyed the link.
My, my. Are we having problems with cut-and-paste?
Here is the link per FileFactory:

EDIT

Well, my nose was a bit out of joint. You were right, but you just should have told me to correct is as I have done just now.
Here is the poi.dat zip file link again.
poi_zip

Last edited:
My, my. Are we having problems with cut-and-paste?
Here is the link per FileFactory:
<a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/f66af0/n/poi_zip">poi.zip</a><br />

Not for me but for others. I've had the POI files since the second day they came out. I only thought I would point it out since people are lazy and will yell at you for it. I'll be nice and post a clickable link :)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/f66af0/n/poi_zip

Thanks for helping everyone out Arno :) You da man!

Not for me but for others. I've had the POI files since the second day they came out. I only thought I would point it out since people are lazy and will yell at you for it. I'll be nice and post a clickable link :)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/f66af0/n/poi_zip

Thanks for helping everyone out Arno :) You da man!

Question - are these poi, crpoi and brands only for GOs ? I have a new (well refurb) XL-S. I did get updated 8.15 maps. On the TTXLS I have a POI.DAT that's 94meg, a Brand directory with 94 files, but no crpoi.dat (except for a tiny one in the guam maps).

Thanks for the help...

Question - are these poi, crpoi and brands only for GOs ? I have a new (well refurb) XL-S. I did get updated 8.15 maps. On the TTXLS I have a POI.DAT that's 94meg, a Brand directory with 94 files, but no crpoi.dat (except for a tiny one in the guam maps).

Thanks for the help...

just copy the POI.dat into your map directory. The ONE models don't use the crpoi. The crpoi just shows "details" of each poi such as the real full address and phone number in a separate screen, which the ONE doesn't show.

Edit : Here are some screenshots. Notice the details button.

crpoi1.jpg

crpoi2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone will have this but I need the smaller poi files that the unit came with so the map would fit in its 2gb built in memory. I didn't make a backup of it but I now need it. Thanks in advance.

If you downloaded the map, it is stored on your computer in the download folder (in a compressed format). You can uncompress, get the proper poi.dat file and copy it to the map folder on your unit.

I upgraded my TomTom on my old computer so I don't have the file with me. Is that possible to redownload from TomTom website? Can you please help me out with the file? Thanks.

Ask a Question