POIs

I was all set to buy a 720 until I read that the number of POIs was only a measly 500k. How do they get away with that when others I have investigated have 6 million - and even that is not enough. I just returned a Garmin 255w because of a few failings including the failure to include the 3 largest parking garages in downtown Annapolis. (been there for years)
Comments?

I was all set to buy a 720 until I read that the number of POIs was only a measly 500k. How do they get away with that when others I have investigated have 6 million - and even that is not enough. I just returned a Garmin 255w because of a few failings including the failure to include the 3 largest parking garages in downtown Annapolis. (been there for years)
Comments?

I think the ONE models are the ones that have the 500K POIs. With a 720, you do get a few million. Not only that, but you can also download the larger POI database that comes from 920/930 users, which includes the 5/6 million POIs. I am currently using that database right now on my 720. Some members from these forums (and other forums) have uploaded the larger POI database for ALL of us to download onto our units.

Don't worry, with a 720, you can have the huge POI databse.

Is this poi database a separate item from the 815.2019 NA map?

I have the NA 815.2019 and the 815.2022 USA/Canada maps and I find the USA map has more relevant poi's for my area -- the size difference is approximately 190 megs for the NA map compared to 92 megs for the USA map.

If I bought two maps and still lack a larger poi database - is this correctable?

Thanks

Mule

Did some searching on the forum - seems the NA 810.1907 has poi file that is 285 megs large -- is this the large database you refer SAGEUVAGONY?

Last edited:

Ask a Question