XXL will not load US map

I have had three XXL units so far. ALL of them error out while loading the US map. TomTom Techs have worked with me for days but so far no solution.
I have tried Win 7 AND Vista OSs. I have disabled Norton, sleep mode, all services and all start-ups. I still only get to the "cline "flies and then an error message.. I have replaced the downloaded map 3 times. The last one I returned I even re formated the XXL drive, but got the same thing when it was re-loaded. My XXL states "No Maps found" Any ideas out there?

AHA! I found a fix

After trouble with 3 XXLs and working with Tech help I solved the problem.
I had always used a USB hub made by D Link. Never a problem before but all maps loaded so slow that I got time out errors..always. I moved the XXL cord to a primary USB connection on my mother board and loaded a map flawlessly. The hub was constricting data flow it seems.

Thanks for the feedback.

You know, we often suggest using a directly connected computer (not a wireless) for large downloads from TomTom and have, on occasion, also said not to use a usb hub but to connect to the computer. (usb ports in the back of the computer rather than in the front are more reliable).

It's just that the symptoms the user describes are usually different from those you describe for us to make those connection suggestions...

Glad you got it worked out. :)

Ask a Question