Map Download XXL530

As more and more users world wide are starting to update their maps, the TT map servers are getting overwhelmed, I would imagine.

That said, the time you are experience seems way too long. What kind of connection do you have to the internet? And, a wireless connection may slow things somewhat as well.

FWIW - Same TomTom model, my download of 865 last night took about an hour or so.

My latest download of Western and Central Europe (2.35 GB) and North America (1.72 GB) to a Go940 took about 5 hours each (overnight in the UK).

But the next day at about 1100 GMT it took less than an hour to download the similarly sized "Europe" (2.23 GB) to a Go950.

It's all down to luck and time of day I reckon.

I am a full time RVer and my only option is wireless internet.
Ah - that goes a long way towards explaining your download times.

One thing - since you're stuck with wireless connections - be SURE that your unit isn't set to hibernate or anything like that during a download that long. Users who have long downloads like this on a wireless connection often suffer from problems with TT map downloads being imcomplete when their PC sees no human activity for a while. Get yourself plugged into a reliable AC source, and turn off any power management that would keep your PC from staying "awake" during the process of downloading and moving data to your TT.

Ask a Question