Xxl iq europe - blank

TomTom Model(s)
TOMTOM XXL IQ ROUTES EUROPE
XXL IQ EUROPE - BLANK

OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE When I switch on the tom tom it says there is no maps on it

How do i get them back

When I plug the tom tom into the pc i can see things on the device.
I can find some items on my pc but I really dont know what needs to go back on the device.
Can anyone help me please
:eek:

It says when I switch on:
You cannot use this map on this device:
United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland
Please how do I get it back on the tom tom

If I clear the Tom tom completely will the HOME system put it all back on for me???

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me

i need my sat nav in the morning - well thats today

omg what am i gonna do

Last edited by a moderator:
If I clear the Tom tom completely will the HOME system put it all back on for me???

NO. Do not do that! Home will not give you your maps back.

What you MUST do is make a full backup now (with Windows Explorer, not Home) before you do anything else.
See the "Articles" section for instructions.

THEN...
Have you tried running the "ClearFlash" utility from the TT website? That's a common cure for the "no maps" issue.

You can download it from here.

I now have the message:
No maps found
How can I put a map back on here please help

I'm back to this point:
You cannot use this map on this device:
United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-335

Any help please

Hi
Tried clear flash but still getting the same message

We have no idea how you got from what appeared to be a total erasure (Post #3) and when you said maps had magically reappeared (Post #5). Can you tell us what you've been doing since Post #1??? After that, we can see if there's enough left between your unit and what might be on your PC to put things back together again.

I have been trying to get the map back on the device.

I have been trying to copy what I think is the united kingdom and roi files back and the activation file but i have no idea if they are right or not

at one point I have formatted the device and then when I plugged it back into the pc tom tom started updating but still no maps and I cannot get pass that
I dont know if this info is any good or not im afraid

In tom tom home i have a folder named fromdevice which is dated 19/12/2011 so I think that belongs to the tomtom but i really dont know

I am prepared to start all over again if needs be

Best keep poking around your TomTom folder on your PC hoping to find a map. If you even did the Latest Map Guarantee thing when you bought it, there will be a map waiting (still) in the HOME\Downloads\complete\map folder. Tell us what you find there. Where did you find something that looked like a map folder that you were already trying to reinstall per your last post?

Morning After 3hrs of interrupted sleep here i go again.

It was in c; documents/tomtom/home/download/complete/map
as zip files

Ask a Question