Can I copy Europen Maps to a xxl550

Just purchased a new XXL550TM and I have an older GO930 with European Maps. I am looking for a way to copy the Euorpean Maps from my 930 to my new 550.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Weiman
rallydave at pobox dot com

Last edited:
Replying to set up e-mail with any responses.

Thanks,
Maps cannot be moved between units. They are locked to the specific unit serial number for which they were purchased.

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't actually purchase the map separately; it came with the GPS. I can understand TomTom not wanting to allow map sharing between people but, it seems that if a person buys a map, he or she should be able to use it on any GPS he or she owns.

Kind of like Microsoft allowing many of their products to be installed on more than one computer owned by the owner of the software license.

Sure it is a money issue but, buying a license to use a particular map should allow one to use that map on any device he or she owns. Not really happy with the answer but, what can I do??

Thanks,

Dave

Ask a Question