XXL Changing 'Voice'

TomTom Model(s)
XXL IQ Europe
Just an annoying little niggle - every time I plug into HOME, the device changes the 'Voice' setting.

I usually have a Silent voice selected for navigation messages with a computer voice for warnings etc. Yesterday, plugged into HOME2, it downloaded a mapshare correction and uploaded a correction I had made on the device. I then 'Operated my TT', and played around (ooo...errr Mrs) with POI's for a while, and then disconnected correctly. Re-installed in the car, and set a destination, only to nearly jump out of my skin when the device told me to turn left in xxx yards. Not the first time it has done it either. The only other 'custom' selections I have are splash and close-down screens, favourites and POIs, which all remain intact.

Not a ball-breaker, but annoying.

Del

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a bug in Home's emulator (Operate ny Unit) that resets various settings on its own, like the cdar icon in many cases. The voice change may be another example.

Mind you, I use a computer voice and it does seem to 'stick'.

Yes, I've never had it change voices etc. when just connecting to Home for updates. It's only the on-screen emulator that does it in my experience.
Apart form seeing if it works, I never use that though... I find it quicker to tap the real screen.

Ask a Question