Exchanging POIs between VIA 1405 and XXL 540

Hi All,

I have two TomTom’s, one the new VIA 1405 and one XXL 540. Can I exchange POIs between them? Currently I’m using Windows Explorer to copy and paste POIs between a XL 335 and my XXL 540. I don’t think the VIA 1405 works under Windows Explorer anymore.

Also, does Tyre still work on the VIA 1405?

Tyre does not work on the newer models.

You can copy custom pois from the 540 to the Via by using the Add Community Content option when the Via is connected to the computer.

The "Add Community content" section is found in MyTomTom here:

3511d1322571216-exchanging-pois-between-via-1405-xxl-540-mytt_add_community_content.jpg

And it offers you:

3512d1322571263-exchanging-pois-between-via-1405-xxl-540-mytt_add_community_content_all.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

You can also use the "Content Transfer Assistant" for the initial copying of POIs (and lots of other settings/content) from an old model to a new one all in one go.

3513d1322571429-exchanging-pois-between-via-1405-xxl-540-content-transfer-assistant-paste-page.jpg

For some daft reason, TT produced it, and then forgot to publicise it at all!

See here to download it::

Content Transfer Assistant

Attachments

• MyTT_Add_Community_Content.jpg
    MyTT_Add_Community_Content.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 548
  • MyTT_Add_Community_Content_all.jpg
    MyTT_Add_Community_Content_all.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 566
  • Content Transfer Assistant - Paste page.jpg
    Content Transfer Assistant - Paste page.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 622
Thanks for the replies. Can you recommend a 3rd party app which works like Tyre on older devices?
Now that I can copy my old POIs into the new VIA, can I go the opposite way, copy any new POIs from the VIA back onto the old XXL?

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you are playing within your own CUSTOM POI base, you can export (save) that information from your Via to your PC using the "Copy to Computer" within Add Community Content manager (at least I can, but it may be a matter of what version of MyTT you are running), and the POI will appear as an *.ov2 file on your PC. Should be no problem moving that to your XXL.

I've long since lost track - do all current users get a copy of MyTT that supports exporting of Favorites and custom POI? Help me out here, fellow mods.

Thanks for the replies. Can you recommend a 3rd party app which works like Tyre on older devices?

Did you mean "a program that works like Tyre for the NEWER devices"?

If so, then not for the Itinerary creation, no.
The problem is that the new TT models are simply not capable of loading Itineraries at all, not from Tyre or from any other program.
You can still use Tyre for loading and managing your .ov2 format POI files though....

Now that I can copy my old POIs into the new VIA, can I go the opposite way, copy any new POIs from the VIA back onto the old XXL?

Yes, just as caderson says...
If you look at my picture in the post above, you can see the "Copy to computer" button for the Favourites (they are now stored as a standard ov2 file).
Once you have added some of your own user-POI files, they will appear in that list as well, each with their own "Copy to computer" button.

Unfortunately, it can be quite a long process, copying them one by one!
So far there isn't a "select all" option to do it all in one go.

As long as you are playing within your own CUSTOM POI base, you can export (save) that information from your Via to your PC using the "Copy to Computer" within Add Community Content manager (at least I can, but it may be a matter of what version of MyTT you are running), and the POI will appear as an *.ov2 file on your PC. Should be no problem moving that to your XXL.

I've long since lost track - do all current users get a copy of MyTT that supports exporting of Favorites and custom POI? Help me out here, fellow mods.

Canderson.... Yes, as far as I'm aware.
(Except that on one of the forums, there's currently one person who has tried everything we can think of and still isn't seeing the "Add community content" option!

Last edited by a moderator:
Canderson.... Yes, as far as I'm aware.
(Except that on one of the forums, there's currently one person who has tried everything we can think of and still isn't seeing the "Add community content" option!

That's me and still having no luck but did have what looks like a step forward yesterday. Glad to hear the option works for others at least!

Ask a Question