xxl 550 m - battery drain

TomTom Model(s)
xxl550m
xxl550 m xmas gift...I shut the unit down ,stored it for 5 days and the battery was dead,,, I had to put it on the pc to turn it on to view it... is it normal for the battery to discharge completely in that period of time?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it isn't, but we don't know if the unit was fully charged when you stored it, either. The unit stays in a sort of 'sleep' mode for up to 7 days, during which time the battery is used somewhat. After that, it shuts down completely. The 'sleep' mode allows the device to power up and get a satellite lock more quickly.

I will try it again making sure it is fully charged,,,also I read somewhere that the xxl550 goes into a sleep mode but does not completly shut down,,is this correct additionaly I understand on other models there is a reset button to totally shut the device off,,, this unit does not have a reset button but is there a way to insure complete shut down... thank you

Yes.

Hold the power button till you hear the drum sounds and keep holding the button. Eventually (30 seconds?) you'll see a diagnostic screen with lots of white rows of information. Now, tap the power button.

The unit is now truly off.

thanks dhn I was able to do that and hope that does the trick when I don,t intend to use it for a period of time ,,,this is my first gps unit and am still trying to be come more familar with it . :D

Ask a Question