XL340S Stuck

My GPS is seriously messed up. I hadn't used it in a month so I connected it to the computer to charge and update. It wanted to update the TomTom Application to edition S so I tried. It failed several times during the installation. It finally installed after around 6 attempts. I then tried to install a new computer voice but after I did, I couldn't hear anything. I tried several of the suggestions here but nothing worked.
I then reformatted the unit, it failed the first time but went through the second, taking several hours. I then copied my explorer backup to the unit. It now gets stuck on the startup image. I tried the suggestion of renaming a favorite but that didn't work. I also ran the applications update again. It failed the first time but worked the second. I still can't get past the start up screen. I have to reset it (long hold on the power button) to get it to turn off.

Any suggestions??

Can you check the drive for errors using Windows' Start--Run-->cmd

And in the box that opens: chkdsk x: /f where x: represents the tomtom drive on your unit.

Thanks for your help! That fixed it. I thought the full reformat would have taken care of any of those types of issues. Cheers!

You are welcome.

The clue was when you detailed that an initial format failed (you provided good detail of what you tried).

A 'healthy' drive shouldn't have that problem.

Now, for the heck of it, make another Explorer backup............

tomtom chkdsk error and incompatible map

Hey,

I had the same problem the other day as I was trying to update my tomtom. it errored a few times but eventually I got it to take a new map. I did have to run the scan and repair in windows 7. but now I have an incompatible map with my unit. heading away on the weekend and don't want to look like an idiot in fron tf the wife(nothing new) any buddy got any suggestions.

thanks

Ask a Question