Default car keeps changing XL340S

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340S Live
My car keeps falling back to the default arrow after using Home. I think it's only when I operate device from Home but it's annoying just the same. It's been that way thru all upgrades since I bought the device last May.

I've deleted all the cars except the default and my choice, I've renamed my choice to default, I think I even deleted the device default, yet it will still show up on screen when I start the device untethered to Home.

I know the obvious is "Don't operate it from Home" but I do in order to check any POI updates that I may have installed, etc.

Any tips to keep my car EVERY time?

TIA

I think your car cursor settings are stored in MapSettings.cfg so you could back that up and restore it after everytime you use Home.
But that probably takes more time than just re-doing your choice in the preferences menu!

It MIGHT be some subtle corruption in your Mapsettings.cfg file,

So as an experiment, I would try this:

1. Move the Mapsettings.cfg file off the device (keep a backup),
2. Allow the machine to re-boot and create a new fresh one
3. Then (before wasting your time re-doing any other settings) change the car cursor again and see if Home still changes it back.

If there's no improvement, you can just paste your original file back and you're no worse off, but if that fixes the issue, you can then laboriously re-do all the rest of your settings manually once more, but hopefully for the last time!

Think it's a known bug in Home 2. Often returns the car icon to default from that which is selected by the user. Not 100% but it does it often enough.

Think it's a known bug in Home 2. Often returns the car icon to default from that which is selected by the user. Not 100% but it does it often enough.
Yep, my experience as well with my XL-335TM. Usually the map color changes too. I think it's just the lousy HOME2 software that's causing this.

:argue: (my next GPS may be Garmin)

Yes.. Same issue for my XL340TM. I need to re-select my car icon after I used Home for "Operate my device"

Ask a Question