XL340s live service purchase errors

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340S Live
I've been updating my Live services monthly. They now offer a 12 month for 59.95. Every time I try to purchase, it gives me an error and is unable to complete the transaction.

I've sent the error to TomTom as asked on the screen to no avail. Now, my Services have expired yesterday and I'm on a road trip!

This happened before I updated and after I updated the device. I sent an email to tech but from what I've read, that could an endeavor without reward.

Any clues or tips or advice?

Try calling at 866-486-6866 and explain the situation. Perhaps you'll get lucky and deal with an agent who can expedite matters.

Thanks for the number.

After spending 45 minutes redoing all the things that I already tried from reading search results, the net was "We'll get back to you in a day or two"... It was just a bit above the kids level, it seems. He did do all he could otherwise, I think.

No way to put it in the cart on their website, Home kicks an Error:774 and thru the device itself a 'Script Error' is the response.

The TomTom "Tech" offered a suggestion of check Amazon as well. They only showed a 6 month service available.

I think later, I'll wipe the device and start from the sandbox. Either way, I'll reinstall all my stuff (WIN B/U) after another attempt. I doubt it will work as it feels as if it's their server process but If that provides nothing, I'll buy the Amazon 6 month and fight my case with them later. I can't wait a day or two for them to maybe straighten it out.

That number did help tho' - thanks again!

I later received an email in response to my original support email. It had a list of things from clearing my cache to a possible international billing problem. Nothing really applied so I did none of them.

I also (finally) received an email about my Live expiring.

I was about to embark on the delete it all and start from square 1 mode that I mentioned but decided to try yet one or two more times. The website's Live page had changed so I gave it a shot. I was able to complete the update thru HOME this time, received my confirm email, logged in thru the GPS and now I have a 1 year Live service.

All is well.

Ask a Question