Xl-s Not Detected By Computer

I have a few months old tomtom xl-s, recently I ran into the problem that my computer will not detect the gps. I tried few diff cables, but same problem, I realy have to fight with it, in & out a few times, shack it well around in the mini-usb of the gps and finally its detected after 5 miuntes of fighting.

Any one has an idea how to fix the problem, I really donot want to get into the customer service thing if I can fix this small problemo.

thanks for any help.

I have a few months old tomtom xl-s, recently I ran into the problem that my computer will not detect the gps. I tried few diff cables, but same problem, I realy have to fight with it, in & out a few times, shack it well around in the mini-usb of the gps and finally its detected after 5 miuntes of fighting.

Any one has an idea how to fix the problem, I really donot want to get into the customer service thing if I can fix this small problemo.

thanks for any help.

IMHO, the USB connector is so bloody small that it would be a problem to fool around with it. So yes I would consider it a problem for tech support and getting a replacement.

Since you are getting a connection after fiddling for 5 minutes, that is a sign that the cable itsself is defective or damaged. Gilbert is right, give tech support a call or contact them via tomtom.com.

If you've got a digicam, it probably uses the same cable, just try that one and see if it works better. The other option is to try a different USB connection on the computer. I've had USB ports die on my pc's.

Ask a Question