XL-S needs 10 minutes to connect to satelites?

I have my TT XL-S for over the year and was happy with it.
Though, last 2 months it needs several minutes, sometimes almost 10 minutes, to get connected to the satellites. Sometimes it's frustrating to wait in the car to get hooked on, or drive "blind"?

Any body has/had similar issue?

Thanks,
Afan

I've been having similar problems. This past Saturday night my TomTom did not get a satellite fix for nearly 20 minutes. I tried several reboots and a hard reset. Then finally just before I turn into our driveway, it gets a fix.

I connected it to the computer and ran all the updates after that incident. Quickfix was among those updates. Then today I get practically the same thing. But this time it locked within a few minutes but did not report my location correctly. It had me going offroad several times. Then it LOST connection to the satellites in the middle of my commute with open skies.

I bought the unit from Newegg as a refurbed model last year for Christmas.

I have the same issue with my XL. I have all the updates, I went to Maine on vacation and had the problem quite a few times. First couple times thought maybe because it was cloudy, but on a bright sunny day????? Then thought MAYBE because we were in MAINE, but when I got back home STILL same issue. 5 - 10 minutes to find a signal. I thought maybe it was defective, or I burnt it out (we use it ALOT) but have only had it a little over a year.

The quickgpsfix file is a location hint that the Tomtom uses, until the satellites self identify where they are.

Sometimes they publish a bad file, which puts the Tomtom on the wrong place (until the satellites self identify), or just plain confuse the Tomtom so it gets no fix.

That must be what happened, especially since many of you are reporting the issue at the same time. Call up Tomtom phone support so the get the proper flood of calls and correct the file.

The file is published daily, keep trying to download it as tomtom usually recognizes and fixes this bug in a couple days.

Ask a Question