Xl IQ Routes Edition dead,, Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite possible your backup is corrupt.

Go to Manage my XL, and see if you have your maps on the "items on Computer" tab.

If so, try this:
- Format the Tomtom, with quickformat disabled (or sector recovery on - whatever your OS calls it) Don't restore anything to it
- Disconnect and power on the Tomtom with the blank drive. It will start up to a red X, but identification files will be written to it.
- Reconnect to your computer, and run "update my XL" in HOME repeatedly until nothing else is offerred.
- click the the blue disconnect button on the lower right and see if the device works.

Last edited:
Well that did not work either. I really think there is a hardware problem and unfortunately my waranty expired a couple of weeks ago. And TomTom will not fix it even though I offered to pay for the repair. They offered a 10$ off on buying a new one. What a joke, why would I buy a TomTom when the one I have has been nothing but problems and after a year is a brick And their support sucks so bad? Nope, time to shop Garmin's.

Ploease check the announcements at the top of every forum regarding reference to pirate sites, hacked software and maps.

Such discussion is inappropriate in this forum.

Am locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question