XL 335s backup

Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to gps units and I have just bought a new TT XL 335s. I did not know how to backup my unit so I connected to my macbook and then gps unit was mounted on my desktop as removable media. After opening the removable media, I copied everything out of it and pasted into new folder as a backup for my unit.

After reading few more post, i realize that i need an app called tt home for backup or restoring purposes. So I downloaded the home software from their site and created a new backup of unit.

So now if I wanted to restore my unit for some reason then which one do I need for restoration? Do I need to keep both backups files?

Thanks,

Thank you so much for quick reply.

So under mac, just open the gps unit as hard drive and select all and copy it to new location. Is there any hidden files in that unit which may not get copied over if I don't enable show all hidden files option?

Any idea how big the backup should be?

Thanks,

Last edited:
I don't use a Mac but I understood that the hidden folder/files thing was just a pc issue, that by default Macs show everything. If not, better safe than sorry, do so.....

The backup will be the size of all the stuff on the unit............somewhat under 2 gigs in total.

I have just checked and it is around 1.91GB. Do I need to look for any specific file to make sure that I have everything.

Thanks,

Nope. If you did as you described and copied everything to a folder on the Mac, I'm sure you got it all.......

Ask a Question