XL 330s How do I input an house # like 2N256?

Some unincorporated sections of my area use a county grid system for house/fire numbers, such as '3W600 Backwoods Rd.' Is there a way to put text and numbers into the house number field?

Important for me in the area. Some of these roads are long and not exactly N-S or E-W.

Thanks for any help, folks.

Howdy DRMARTY, (Veterinarian?)

I'm guessing that the 2N, 3W, etc. are grids. As long as you have a street name, I'm wondering if you would simply enter 600 Backwoods RD. Here in Iowa we have a method that works kinda like this: Each County starts on the east border and ends on the west border with the names of streets being alphabetical. North to South, they are numbered. This makes it quite easy to find a rural address. I'm guessing that once you crack your method you will be able to enter those addresses. Good luck, Jack

Last edited:
No go.

From TomTom customer support:

"Dear =====,

"Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Support regarding alphanumeric addresses. There is no way to enter these addresses on a TomTom device.

"If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EDT. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

"With Best Regards,

"Tom
"TomTom Customer Support"
---------------

Thanks for your suggestion, though. Unfortunately, I have returned my TomTom for another brand.

Ask a Question